Our school uniform is supplied by Maisies of Wolverton, Maisies offer the following service:
- School uniform is available to order online at this address https://maisies-superstore.co.uk/
- Orders placed online can either be delivered direct to your home address (a postage cost will be added for this option), delivered to Christ the Sower School (delivery will be free of charge for this option) or collected in person by yourself from Maisies. There are various payment methods available.
- A retail store where parents can take their child to try on and purchase uniform. Please check Maisies website http://www.School-Kit.co.uk for opening hours, address and telephone number.
- In exceptional circumstances only, if you do not have access to a computer and are unable to visit Maisies shop, an order form can be collected from the CtS Office. This will need to be completed by yourself with your bank card details added. A representative from Maisies will then collect the order form from the school. When your order has been processed it will be delivered back to CtS for you to collect.
In addition to the Christ the Sower School uniform, Maisies also offers items such as name tags, trousers, skirts, shirts, summer dresses and footwear at very reasonable prices. Parents/Carers can purchase from the school office water bottles, spare lids and for a limited time only gold or burgundy coloured CtS Logo Fisherman Style Sunhats.
Please click on the links below for a Maisies uniform price guide and Name Tag order form.
All children attending Christ the Sower must wear the school uniform which consists of the following:
- Cranberry red sweatshirt/cardigan with CtS logo
- Hijab (if worn) (White or Black only)
- Gold polo shirts with/without CtS logo
- Black or dark grey trousers/skirt/pinafore dress
- Dark grey CtS fleece (optional)
- Plain white T shirt *with or without logo
- White/grey (unpatterned) socks or tights
- Black shorts/joggers
- Black shoes or trainers (no more than a 2 cm heel). No boots at all.
- Black plimsoll/white-soled trainers
Summer Term (up until the October half term):
As above, with the options of:
- Gold checked summer dresses (optional)
- .Plain white, sandals may be worn in the summer months of June and July only
- Dark grey shorts (optional)
Jewellery should not be worn to school. Ear studs, if worn for medical reasons, must be covered with tape or removed during PE
On top of this, we ask that children are dressed appropriately for the weather. This means coats, hats and gloves when it is cold; sun hats when hot and sunny. Please do not assume that children will be kept in if the weather is drizzly or cold. Children need exercise every day and whenever possible we will take them outside for playtimes, whether sunny, drizzly or cold. As they say in Norway – there is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing! If children are not dressed properly in school uniform, we will contact parents by text message or a note home. We strongly discourage the use of jewellery and other accessories that are not appropriate for school use (e.g. glitter in hair, hair shaved in patterns, hair dyed in colours outside the range of natural shades, bandanas, makeup, etc). Occasionally we may have fundraising days when these are permitted, but in general they are not allowed. Children's parents will be contacted if these are noticed. School uniform guidelines are issued annually to parents. If you are unable to afford school uniform, please contact the School Business Manager, as you may be eligible to apply for a grant from the Governors’ Fund.
All children must change for PE. PE takes place at least twice a week and all children are expected to bring the correct change of clothing. We do not permit children to participate in games, athletics or gymnastics without changing into their PE kit, for reasons of hygiene and ease of movement. There are often extra PE sessions for one or another reason, and you will be told in good time of the need to provide your child with his/her PE kit.
PE kit consists of a white T-shirt (no logo other than the school badge), a pair of black shorts/joggers and appropriate footwear. This should be trainers for outdoor work (games, athletics), as all indoor work (gymnastics, dance, indoor games) is taught in bare feet. The PE kit should be kept in a drawstring bag, and hung on a peg in the cloakroom area during the week. We would ask that all PE kit is brought in on a Monday, and taken home at the weekend so it can be washed if necessary. In the summer it is particularly important to have PE kit available through the week as teachers may often decide to play an unscheduled game of rounders, do extra athletics practice, etc., for which children will need PE kit. Children may be asked to miss PE if their kit does not conform to the requirements above.